Friday, May 23, 2008

Moving in fast forward

Its funny how sometimes you can feel like life is moving in fast forward even though nothing is really changing outwardly. This is the way Jay and I feel right now. We have been praying about being in full time ministry for quite a while, and it has seemed like doors were opening. Nothing has really happened though. It just finally feels like its our season. Like God is going to be opening the doors for us to step into the next season of our life. I have been so proud of Jay lately. He has really come out of his shell lately. He has been working on being more social and having conversations with people, and has had three major situations where he has really put his skills to the test the last couple of days. He has also gotten better about processing through things with me rather than his normal canned responses of "we'll see". I feel like I'm finally able to tell him what has been lacking for me in our relationship (nothing bad, just really needing him to open up to me and really talk things through) and that has in turn really helped him in ministry too. I don't know... this probably doesn't make sense, but i just wanted to get it all down while it was in my mind. I just feel like God is getting ready to do something big with us. Either here or somewhere else. I feel like the signs are pointing to here, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Either way what God is calling us and equipping us to do is very much bigger than us, which is exciting because that means it has to be a God thing.
Also wanted to quickly post that I feel like God was really clarifying Jay's vision for me this morning. I can see how his vision will really easily transition him from youth pastor to student ministries / education director at a church. THis also clarifies the whole him being a principle dream he had. I can really see us starting a christian school at our church in the next five years. I'm excited to see what happens. Well this is just random... but I wanted to get my thoughts down.

No comments: