Friday, July 18, 2008

Living Intentionally

So I have just spent the last hour reading the blog of an old acquaintance from high school and was challenged on many levels. First of all I was plesantly suprised to discover that she and I have a lot in common. She seems to be very passionate about bargins and finances. She is also a christian. But there were a few other things I noticed. She seems to live her life with passion and intentionally. She got married last summer and from what she has written on her blog she seems very happily married (which is exciting to see someone else from school make wise choices in the marriage department - but that is another post for another time). Any way "A" has spent her first year of married traveling all over the country with her new hubby and just having a great time. I look back at my first year of marriage and remember spending it in grad school and then with a new born before the year was up. Not quite the exciting cross country adventures that "A" has had. But before I get stuck comparing myself with others, I realize its not her cross country journey that I am envying, but the intentionality with which she lives her life. I have gotten stuck in a rut. I no longer am taking life by the horns and going forward, I'm just doing what needs to get done for the day or week. Now no matter what I do, my life won't resemble "A's" life. I have three kids and can't just up and travel all over, but I can live with purpose. I can be intentional with what I do and my attitude. I think I need to get back to setting goals and more detailed to do lists. I need to focus on getting back (or maybe starting for the first time) to living intentionally. I also want to focus on my hubby. We have three beautiful girls, but he tends to get lost in the daily shuffle. I want to be more intentional about spending quality time with him and showing him my love in tangable ways. Well thats enough rambling for now, its late and I'm really tired.

No comments: